Friday, November 12, 2010

Introduction

Dear internets,

My name is Heath. I'm a 27 year old college graduate with a B.A. in Japanese and a minor in Asian Studies. Not that I pretend to know much about either anymore (Its been a long time).

I've always been curious about cooking, and when I went to Japan to study abroad I fell in love with the food. I don't think I need to mention that this blog's title is a pun of one of my favorite Japanese cooking programs, 料理の鉄人 (Ryouri no tetsujin), or as we English speaking viewers know it, Iron Chef. The pun in the title also refers to the fact that I have absolutely no training in cooking whatsoever, and most of my experiments have met with horrid disgusting failure.

But this in no way has lessened my enthusiasm toward attempting to reproduce some of my favorite dishes. As they say, "Practice makes perfect."

Lately, I've been inundating my Facebook with photos of my various attempts at various things, and I figured it was about time I just bite the bullet and set up a blog to record this part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment